<videovortex> videovortex Digest, Vol 45, Issue 2

G.H. Hovagimyan ghh at thing.net
Fri Sep 3 14:32:04 CEST 2010

Hi All,
My artists collaborative  Artists Meeting Have been doing a series of
curated you tube events.  Theve have bee very successful We've done
these in Hereford England for the Static 3 festival, In Germany at the
Dokfest in Kassel, and several times at Postmasters Gallery in New
York.  The group pick a theme and then everyone chooses videos. There
are 14 members in the group so the range is quite interesting.  We
then have two people curate the results to make a concise program. We
also have an open bar so that people can socialize.  Barbara London,
the video curator from MoMA remarked that the vent was the freshest
thing she'd seen in a long time.  We've also used you3b that was
created by Jeff Krouse from Eyebeam here in New York. you3b is a tool
to create youTube tryptychs.  We consider these events and the use of
youTube video to be a digital *objet-trouvé* You can see some
documentation here -- <http://www.artistsmeeting.org/index.php/Exhibition-Documentation/

We would be able to come to Amsterdam and do a youTube party and a
talk about Artists Meeting if that makes sense for you all.
/gh

On Sep 2, 2010, at 6:00 AM, videovortex-request at listcultures.org wrote:

G.H. Hovagimyan
http://nujus.net/~gh