<videovortex> An Acoustic Journey Through YouTube - presented by curatingyoutube.net at radioCona

e-artnow info at e-artnow.org
Mon Dec 5 16:14:25 CET 2011

Create your own announcement + Opening reminder	05.12.2011
An Acoustic Journey Through YouTube - presented by curatingyoutube.net
at radioCona

An Acoustic Journey Through YouTube
CuratingYouTube.net

www.curatingyoutube.net/acoustic

Contact
sakrowski at curatingyoutube.net

Address
www.curatingyoutube.net/acoustic

Info
December 7 – 16 2011, ŠKUC gallery, Ljubljana

December 7 – 16 2011, 12:00 – 19:00, FM 88.8MHz, Ljubljana and stream

Galerija Škuc, Stari trg 21, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija

Share this announcement on:  Facebook | Twitter

On December 7th, 2011 on the occasion of the radioCona project Radio
Arts Space exhibition, CuratingYouTube will open the online exhibition
'An Acoustic Journey Through YouTube' and playing live on the opening
day in ŠKUC gallery, Ljubljana, Slovenia

Youtube (YT) is an archive. An archive for not only movies and
pictures, but also for music. That is why it is used, not only as a
video platform, but in the same amount as a music platform. As a music
archive, YT contains composed music, but also sounds, tones, voices
and noises.
The existing music on YT can be divided into music, recorded in the
non-network world (such as a record, as a video documentation of a
performance or a film and television production) and has been uploaded
then on YT, and music that comes from the network context. The
spectrum of the archived documents is ranging from anthropological and
ethnological, more scientific recordings of classical music, to
popular and avant-garde music. The documentation and publications of
their own personal play or song, to which I also count producing
recitations or how to's, are lined up in the sphere of publishing of
all kinds of artistic performing forms of action.

For the 'Radio Arts Space' by radioCona www.radiocona.si, I've decided
to introduce the enormous musical and tonal variety of the network
archive 'Youtube' and not to depict a specific art-Canon. In addition
to this, I have selected some subjects, which I consider as exemplary
and compiled the corresponding videos to a video grid. These grids
serve me as an instrument / playlist / sound bank, from which I select
videos or music live and intuitively. The music / sound pieces can be
played in parallel, can be mixed, are lined up and repeated. The Grids
are presented with one index page to open each one parallel in a
single page. Different variants can arise new perspectives,
interpretations and sound journeys. www.curatingyoutube.net/acoustic

Radio Arts Space
dec 2011: broadcast and stream of selection sound art and radio art
works in the form of curated exhibition. The exhibition will at the
same time occupy the radio frequencies and audio streams of
international partners. The broadcast will be constituted as a gallery
space with a curated exhibition delineated by the curators' collection
of selected sound art and radio art works and featuring works selected
through open call.

info at e-artnow.org

How to create your own announcement with e-artnow

Unsubscribe from e-artnow

e-artnow
Za sidlistem 2148/22
Prague 14300