<videovortex> Dr. Strangelove's Speech at VV #6 and Preparatory Videos

Dr. Strangelove Michael at Strangelove.com
Tue Mar 15 14:12:02 CET 2011

Greetings,

Here is my speech at Video Vortex #6, Part One
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4JZZMhwhU> and Part Two
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApcWFJnkwA>.

Unfortunately, I was speaking a bit too fast. I am looking into adding
Dutch subtitles via Universal Subtitles
<http://www.universalsubtitles.org> if there is any interest in such a
version (I'll need assistance editing the Dutch version).

As part of my performance at VV #6 I wanted to document /via online
video/ some of the thinking that lead up to the speech/performance. My
goals were to use video to reveal the background of a conference speech,
to initiate dialogue prior to the conference, to use video in the speech
to create an art performance context and, in forthcoming videos, to use
online video to say what did not get said (I was only able to get
through about 1/3 of my speaking points).

This effort has produced 12 videos (thus far), listed below:

   1. Video Vortex #6: Food For Thought
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US2SqFEeA-k> (3 minutes)
   2. The Zombie Theory of the Online Audience
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1nVeMWQn8>(2:38 min)
   3. The Future of YouTube and Online Video: Video Vortex #6
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddCxaRZik7c> (4 min)
   4. Online Video and Overstated Theory
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDz9dKHF7wo> (4 min)
   5. Online Video and the Taste for Imperfection
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyuKvw7ZY94> (2:23 min)
   6. Online Image Culture: The Failure of Memory or the Failure of
      Theory? <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ADdO8Bj5Q> (5 min)
   7. Online Video and Identity: Video Vortex #6
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X21narq_gLQ>(4:31 min)
   8. Video Vortex Reader II: Dr. Strangelove's Edit
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd_kp2lEXHA> (4:27 min)
   9. Raw Words: Video Vortex #6
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCuVCsPBEgg> (3:59 min)
  10. Video Vortex #6: Strangelove Notes
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiEWsuOVYwg> (4 min)
  11. Dr. Strangelove's Video Vortex Speech: Part One
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps4JZZMhwhU> (9 min)
  12. Dr. Strangelove's Video Vortex Speech: Part Two
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApcWFJnkwA> (6 min)

Best wishes,

Dr. Strangelove
www.strangelove.com/blog