<videovortex> looking back at VideoVortex 9

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Wed Mar 6 12:22:15 CET 2013

Dear all,

for those who could not make it to Lueneburg, here is already quite a
lot of material available online here:

http://networkcultures.org/wpmu/videovortex/

Thanks Vera and Oliver and all the rest of the organization team for
yet another amazing event. I personally loved the high level theory
level of this one. The Lueneburg team will bring the material together
in an (online) publication and we'll hear about this more soon.

In case you have not yet heard about it: there was also the launch of
the 20.000 word essay of Andreas Treske, The Inner Life of Video
Spheres, which you can order at INC for free (a box contains 50
copies, that's also possible, more on that later in a seperate email
announcement).

There was a short Video Vortex coordination team meeting on Saturday
at 13.00. The overall tendency there was that it would be very nice
(and also necessary) that a next Video Vortex takes place in Italy.
There were lots of Italians present at this one and also during past
events so that really makes sense.

If anyone else sees a possibility to organize VideoVortex #10, please
feel free to contact us, and go ahead. Toronto was mentioned too. Who
wants to say something about this?

Best, Geert