<videovortex> VV9 publication process - invitation to contribute

Vera Tollmann vera.tollmann at gmx.net
Mon Mar 18 13:19:57 CET 2013

Dear Video Vortex people,

some productive new bonds have been formed within and around the Video Vortex #9 and with this email we hope to pick up on some of the positive energies which were around.

We had the impression that around VV9 we were indeed getting a multi-facetted but also structural take on the social, cultural and techno-medial reassemblies of networked online video.

To follow up, keep some of the momentum, document some of the insights and to also work on some further ongoing exchange, we would like to come back to elaborate and structure the »sourcebook« as a first form of material collection and documentation of the process. Join us here: videovortex9.pbworks.com
If you don't have a login yet, please send an email to mail at videovortex9.net

As we said this will lead into a more edited liquid publication. For the latter we will have an editorial meeting on 5 April  in Berlin (preliminary date, time and place to be announced). Anyone who wants to get more actively involved in this, please send us a note.

We already have a preliminary structure which covers all VV9 presentations, but could still be extended. Please find the structure on the frontpage of the workspace. And we also have a first idea about an online interface integrating video and text. We will send more info on this after the editorial meeting.

As integral part of the editorial process – as well as for follow-up exchange of material –, we would like to encourage you meanwhile to continue posting to the sourcebook, which we will freeze as a first documentation of VV9 in 3 weeks time (5 April).
Please, if you know of some visitors/fellow colleagues, who could be interested in the particular topics/perspectives, feel free to invite them to the workspace.

Very best and speak soon!
Oliver and Vera

http://www.videovortex9.net/