<videovortex> "This video is not available in Germany"

Andreas Treske treske at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 21:43:12 CEST 2014

This might be of interest -

http://journals.uic.edu/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/5548/4127

Abstract form First Monday, Volume 19, Number 10:

“YouTube’s blocked content notice “This video is not available in Germany” is part of an ongoing discourse on music streaming and the German collecting society, GEMA. The debates unfold mainly online, and GEMA–bashing is one of the most recognized outcomes. The central question is: How much are music authors paid per stream? By conducting a critical online discourse analysis I identify central interests, arguments and discursive strategies in the discussions around GEMA and YouTube. I argue that positioning has become a central factor in these online discourses.” (Philip Stade)