[WebCultures] Bibliography for digital serial fiction

Lawrence, Faith faith.lawrence at kcl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 27 12:18:36 CET 2014

Dear Nina,

With regards to the "social media fiction (Twitter, FB, etc)" the works,
on twitter especially, are frequently part of a much larger amateur and
fan authoring culture
(https://www.zotero.org/groups/fan_studies_bibliography/items/q/twitter).

What you are including within your definition of 'social media' will
change the scope of what you are looking at considerably since Tumblr and
even WattPad, Dreamwidth and LiveJournal (if you are counting them as
social media) have been used to publish fiction in significant quantities
(although LJ and DW are fading and in the last few years there has been a
strong trend to posting to an archive and linking on the various SM
platforms rather than posting directly). A student of mine recently
completed her masters on the changing social media landscape used within
these communities (http://www.drha2014.co.uk/?p=810) and I could probably
put you in touch if that would be useful - feel free to contact me
directly rather than on the list.

Also, if you are not already aware of it, then the Transformative Works
and Cultures journal
(http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc), related zotero
index (see link above but general index at
https://www.zotero.org/groups/fan_studies_bibliography) and fan hackers
blog (http://fanhackers.transformativeworks.org/) may be of interest to
you.

Best,