[WebCultures] Nice job opportunity at the Internet Archive
s.i.aasman at rug.nl
Tue Jun 2 13:26:06 CEST 2015
Web Archivist, Archive-It
*About the Internet Archive*: The Internet Archive is a non-profit with
a huge mission: to give everyone access in perpetuity to all knowledge --
the books, Web pages, audio, television and software of our shared human
culture. Our 150 engineers, archivists, librarians, and team members have
built one of the Top 250 Websites in the world, https://archive.org.
Internet Archive has the oldest and largest web archive in the world (475
billion URLs and counting) and works with hundreds of national and
international libraries, archives, museums, universities, non-profits, and
others to build curated web archive collections.
*Location: *San Francisco, CA
*Job Classification: *Full-time, exempt
*Job Summary*: The Internet Archive is seeking a Web Archivist for
Archive-It. Come help us help others save the web! Archive-It is a web
archiving service first launched in 2006 that enables our 350+ library and
archive partners to capture, manage, preserve, and provide access to the
highest quality content from the web. As the service continues to expand,
we are looking for a resourceful, collaborative, and technically-savvy
individual to join our team. You can find out more about the service at
The Web Archivist is the first point of contact for partners that use
Archive-It and has responsibility for interacting with partners, getting
them started with the service, and supporting their work archiving the web.
The role is responsible for fielding and managing technical questions and
working with the Archive-It internal engineering team to resolve issues.
The role will also participate in ongoing feature development for
Archive-It and show leadership in improving partner support, documentation,
reporting, and training,
- Perform first level and many second level technical support issues,
advising and assisting librarians and archivists from a variety of
institutions in troubleshooting issues and maintaining the quality of
archived collections of websites and of the Archive-It service.
- Work directly with other web archivists and engineers on technical
issues and Archive-It application improvements including beta
users and writing documentation.
- Onboarding new Archive-It partners including conducting webinars,
trainings, and managing account setup and maintenance.
- Take the lead on marketing and external communications, including
social media, blogging, website management, and other external-facing
outreach and communication.
- Represent Archive-It and promote web archiving via conference
presentations, workshops, professional events, and active
the web archiving, digital preservation, and library/archives communities.
- Participate in special projects such as research, reporting,
internal archiving and preservation projects, special collections, and
*Preferred Qualification and Skills:*
- Masters degree in LIS/Archives or equivalent, or experience working
with libraries, archives, museums and other memory institutions is
- Two years technical support and/or public-facing reference or user
service experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Comfortable learning new tools and technologies and working with
engineers and remote staff.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and
- Technical knowledge of web archiving and/or web technologies is a
- Ability to work in and enjoy a loosely-structured, creative work
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and in inquisitive spirit are
References must be made available upon request.
To apply: Please forward your cover letter and resume to
jobs+webarchivist at archive.org
Internet Archive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internet Archive
complies with the Fair Chance Ordinance. Internet Archive is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit library founded in 1996.
Universitair docent Eigentijdse Geschiedenis/assistant professor
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen/University of Groningen
Faculteit der Letteren/Faculty of Arts
Oude Kijk in't Jatstraat 26
9712 EK Groningen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the WebCultures