[WebCultures] Internet Histories, Volume 4, Issue 1, March 2020 is now available online

Asger Harlung asger at cc.au.dk
Mon Mar 2 22:59:12 CET 2020

To whom it may concern,

The Editorial Staff of Internet Histories is pleased to announce, that

 Internet Histories, Volume 4, Issue 1, March 2020 is now available online.

The issues is titled:
Legacy systems: Internet histories of the abandoned, discontinued and forgotten

- and may be accessed at this URL:
https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rint20/4/1

This new issue contains the following articles:

Introduction
Legacy systems: internet histories of the abandoned, discontinued and forgotten | Open Access
Michael Stevenson & Anne Helmond

Articles

>From closed world discourse to digital utopianism: the changing face of responsible computing at Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (1981–1992) | Open Access
Megan Finn & Quinn DuPont

Rethinking legacies in internet history: Euronet, lost (inter)networks, EU politics | Open Access
Niels Kerssens

The narratives we inherit: the local and global in Tomsk’s internet history
Polina Kolozaridi & Dmitry Muravyov

Recovering the web’s unclaimed legacy of academic text standards: SGML, HTML, and the misremediation of quotation
Rudolf Ammann

Cookies: a legacy of controversy
Meg Leta Jones

The historical trajectories of algorithmic techniques: an interview with Bernhard Rieder | Open Access
Michael Stevenson & Anne Helmond

Book Reviews

Digital Football Cultures: Fandom, Identities and Resistance
edited by Stefan Lawrence and Garry Crawford, London: Routledge, 2019, 210 pp., £115, (hardback) ISBN: 978-0-8153-6020-9
Helena Byrne

History in the age of abundance? How the web is transforming historical research
, by Ian Milligan. McGill-Queen's University Press (2019). ISBN: 978-0-7735-5697-3
Max Kemman PhD

Kind regards on behalf of the editors,

Asger Harlung
Editorial Assistant, Internet Histories