[WebCultures] NHOOEE (anthropocene)

{ brad brace } bbrace at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 24 17:39:19 CEST 2021

NHOOEE (anthropocene)
bradbracebook.store/000pdfs/NHOOEE.pdf 2021
82pp 169mb

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D2ZDZM2 $9.99

scans of an artist-book by brad brace 2021:
extinct/vanishing bird illustrations (D.M.Reid-Henry) 1954
(James C.Greenway JR.)
collaged into 1915 Bandaging handbook (A.D.Whitting )
(future series of handmade artist-books for
bibliophiles/bookstores)

http://bbrace.net/
http://bradbrace.net/

support independent publishing:
buy direct from the artist:
(high resolution files)
bbraceATeskimoPUNTOcom

{Extinction preface} "As if God had made the innocency of so
poor a creature to become such an admirale instrument for
the sustention of man." -- Capitaine Richard Whitbourne

These two image sources, bandaging and extinct birds, were
headed in very different directions but at the last moment
merged into the present project. It's still very satisfying
wrapping, placing and pasting (rubber cement) these
extinct-bird cut-outs around/in the stout sewn
signatures/pages of the old bandaging manuals which more
than double in size/depth. The two intersectional book-fonts
are similar and sympathetic. I hope to be able to find more
copies of these books and continue the work: like I need
another project. Uncommonly simple, elegant and direct. A
silent plea but a vengeful prayer.

/:b