<editorial board> first issue

info at edu-factory.org info at edu-factory.org
Thu Apr 29 16:17:59 CEST 2010

Dear all,
As you know, the zero issue of the edu-factory journal was published online at the beginning of March. We think it's an important achievement: thanks to all the editorial board for the debate and the collaboration in this project. We would now like to discuss the launch of the journal in a collective way.
Besides letting people know about the zero issue, we need to discuss the first issue of the journal. We have written a proposal, you will find it attached. Of course this is only an idea and we would like to discuss it with all the editorial board in order to make a common decision and work together on it. If there are other topics that someone would like to propose, or more ideas and suggestions about this proposal, please feel free to contribute to the discussion.
Also, we would like to make a couple of methodological proposals. The first is to have specific editors for each of the two journal sections (Occupations and Anomalies). This would facilitate a division of labor within the editorial board which would greatly assist those member of the collective who have been carrying the weight on this project. The second proposal concerns the complex question of the peer review. We briefly discussed this at the beginning of this editorial board list. We want to build a critique of the peer review process and the system of measure, auditing and ranking of which it is an integral part. This means approaching the peer review system as a political battlefield. As an alternative to peer review, Ranabir Samaddar suggested we could practice a collective reading of the articles for the first issue. Maybe Ranabir could explain the idea more in depth.
All the best,
edu-factory collective