<editorial board> first issue

ranabir at mcrg.ac.in ranabir at mcrg.ac.in
Fri Apr 30 18:14:38 CEST 2010

Dear Gerald,
Thanks. Your letter makes sense.
Ranabir

Original Message:
-----------------
From: gerald raunig raunig at eipcp.net
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:51:28 +0200
To: agu at listcultures.org
Subject: Re: <editorial board> first issue

thanks a lot for moving on. here's a short response to the collective's
proposal and geert's reply:
as i understood the - excellent - abstract on "how to start a university",
its content is not so much focussing on the problem of peer review. still,
there could and should be a part of the "first issue" devoted to the more
general question of a critique of the "system of measure" with the peer
review system just as one effect or function of this system. from my
perspective the issue should take into account the terrifying combination of
modularizing (as measuring, striating, standardizing, counting, rigidly
forming the singularities involved in the educational field) AND modulating
(as eternal "transition", constant and infinite necessity to vary, change,
and adapt) in the emerging corporate universities.
on the level of anomalies and alternatives: ranabir's suggestion of a
collective reading (which of course might get complicated in a translocal
situation) could be a starting point, not only as practice of the
edu-factory-journal itself, but also on the level of reflecting on
methodologies of collective exchange and discussion of text production. and
hopefully there is also a multitude of other practices that thwart the above
mentioned twofold pressure of modulation and start different kinds of
universities. i would be willing to collaborate in the search for these,
also beyond the call for papers - as for division of the hard work, i am
sorry, my english is too poor to get involved in the real editorial process.
saluti,
g.

  _____