<CPOV> Evaluating quality control of Wikipedia's feature articles

Felipe Ortega jfelipe at gsyc.es
Fri Apr 16 14:24:35 CEST 2010

On jue, 2010-04-15 at 17:30 +0200, Juliana Brunello wrote:
> The research idea is indeed interesting. However, it is not representative
> enough. Only 22 articles were analyzed, all in the english wp. Also,
> grading from 1 to 10 can be quite a subjective matter. I believe such
> research should be further developed in order to deliver a better
> knowledge of wp's FAs.

I totally agree with your review. Moreover, this excerpt is really
confusing:

"It is worth noting that many of the articles assessed did score quite
well, proving that Wikipedia’s contributors can produce very good
articles. The articles receiving lower scores, however, show quite
convincingly that Wikipedia’s attempt at quality control is failing".

Since this accounts for 7 out of 22 (31.8%) it is hardly believable how
this can shows that the whole process is failing (even less if we
consider that the sample is far from representative, both in quantity
and scope of content).

Best,
Felipe.