<CPOV> Ilmpedia

Juliana Brunello juliana at networkcultures.org
Mon Jun 14 16:19:09 CEST 2010

> About fragmentation of society due to extreme tech-enabled
> personalization, I suggest you to read "Republic.com" by Cass Sunstein
> http://press.princeton.edu/titles/7014.html
> Will we arrive to Mepedia.org (A wikipedia containing just MY personal
> views, my own no-need-to-be-negotiated truth)?
>
> P.

Wow, this book sounds really good,thx for the link! will order it.

This is what I was talking  about (though maybe not so clear... sorry
about that). I took the Ilmpedia as an example because it is something
coming up now, but conservapedia or metapedia are examples of it too
(however I believe they are very extreme and Ilmpedia has not shown its
face yet). We could also cite Hudong, a chinese 'wikipedia'. The point is,
fragmentation (what I called separatism before, maybe a bad choice of
words) suppresses dialog among people with different concepts. It does not
serve diversity in a good sense. There will be diversity on the web, but
if this diversity does not interact, then it is an issue of concern.

Juliana