<CPOV> Fundraising for Tweets in Space!

Nathaniel Stern nathaniel.stern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:10:42 CEST 2012

Hi Everyone:

Greetings from the Wikipedia Art gang (Scott Kildall and myself)! We were really happy to be a part of the CPOV book and to have such a great time with many of you in Europe and India. We're writing now to tell you about our latest collaboration, which we hope to be another social media sensation. We're asking you to spend a couple of minutes taking a closer look at the project, via our fundraising campaign on Rockethub, and perhaps share it with your readers (facebook, blog, twitter, reddit, whatever!). Feedback (and donations) of course welcome!

http://rkthb.co/7291

"Tweets in Space" will beam Twitter discussions from participants worldwide towards GJ667Cc: a planet 22 light years away that might support earth-like biological life. Anyone can take part, simply by adding #tweetsinspace to their tweets during two performance times in September, when we'll be doing live projections at the International Symposium on Electronic Art in New Mexico, and dispatching messages into the cosmos. This differs from every past alien transmission in that it is not only a public performance, but also performs a public: it is a real-time conversation between hopeful peers sending their thoughts to everywhere and nowhere. Our soon-to-be alien friends will receive unmediated thoughts and responses about politics, philosophy, pop culture, dinner, dancing cats and everything in between. By engaging the millions of voices in the Twitterverse and dispatching them into the larger Universe, "Tweets in Space" activates a potent discussion about communication and life that traverses beyond our borders or understanding.

Thanks in advance,

nathaniel and scott
http://tweetsinspace.org/
http://wikipediaart.org/