::fibreculture:: transmediale Awards: Open Web Award - Call for Entries

Melinda Rackham melinda at subtle.net
Thu Jun 24 07:49:14 CEST 2010

Some Australian/NZ/Pacifica entries would be great :)

from Stephen Kovats....

This past Thursday at W2, Vancouver's Community Media Arts Society <http://www.creativetechnology.org/
 >, I had the pleasure to announce, in collaboration with the Mozilla
Foundation, the creation and launch of the new 'Open Web Award 2011' -
a special third platform for creative excellence alongside the
'transmediale Award 2011' and the 'Vilém Flusser Theory Award 2011'.

The 'Open Web Award' is a new platform aimed at highlighting and
promoting radical, creative and innovative art works and projects that:

- are on the web and about the web
- use open source, free, libre or other non-proprietary technology
(may they be soft- or hardware)
- incite participation and/or collaboration

They can be critical, celebratory or both. Projects should have the
potential to demonstrate and/or objectively critique the potential of
open web issues, and those employing the creative use of HTML5 and
other developing 'open' technologies will be given specific
consideration. The point is to play with both the idea and materiality
of the (open) web in ways that spark new thinking and practice.

The winner(s) of the 'Open Web Award 2011' will receive a total prize
of 5000 EUR, and be given the opportunity to have 'supported' status
on Drumbeat <http://drumbeat.org/>. Beyond the specific 'Open Web
Award' criteria, the same rules, conditions and application procedures
apply as the 'transmediale Award 2011' <http://www.transmediale.de/en/awards2011

The Deadline for Entries to the transmediale 'Open Web Award 2011' is
also July 31, 2010 (2400 CEST / UST+2)!

greetings,

Stephen Kovats

 >, join the transmediale facebook group or fan page, or follow us on
twitter*

> artistic director
> transmediale.11 |  1 - 6 feb 2011
> festival for art and digital culture berlin
>
> Call for Entries Open!
> transmediale Award 2011
> Vilém Flusser Theory Award 2011
> *new* transmediale Open Web Award 2011