::fibreculture:: Sounds, Images and Readings from Sydney's Techno-underground

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Sun May 23 08:46:18 CEST 2010

If you happen to be in Sydney next Friday night, come along.....

With pleasure I invite you to the Sydney launch of Technomad

Friday, May 28, 2010
6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tortuga Studios, St Peters, Sydney

Sounds, Images and Readings from Sydney's Techno-underground
Guest Speaker: John Jacobs
DJs: Zeitgeist, Mashy P, Al Corrupt, Franko
Live: Rob Joiner
Refreshments and snacks available
Books sold at discount - signed by author

A cultural history of global electronic dance music countercultures,
Technomad explores the pleasurable and activist trajectories of post-
rave culture. The book documents an emerging network of techno-tribes,
exploring their pleasure principles and cultural politics.
"Beautifully written, with a genuinely international perspective on
electronic dance music culture, Technomad is one of the best books on
music I've read in some time." Professor Will Straw

More at Facebook events page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=12618326072581