::fibreculture:: The Cyber White Paper

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Oct 20 12:11:12 CEST 2011

Connecting with confidence: optimising Australia's digital future

Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet

"Connecting with confidence: optimising Australia's digital future"

This paper seeks to start discussion how government, industry and the
community can work together to address the challenges and risks arising
from greater digital engagement.

The result of this conversation will be the release of Australia’s first
Cyber White Paper in the first half of 2012.

This discussion paper seeks your views on a wide range of issues,
including how we can together minimise cyber risks so we can maximise
social and economic opportunities in the digital economy.

We greatly value your views on how we can get the right balance between
Australia’s social, economic and security needs. The discussion paper is
not designed for a technical audience. However, a glossary of terms has
been provided at the back of the document to assist readers unfamiliar
with terms or concepts.

The Cyber White Paper website:  http://www.cyberwhitepaper.dpmc.gov.au
will enable electronic lodgement of submissions relating to questions in
the discussion paper.

Written submissions can be forwarded electronically to
cyberwhitepaper at pmc.gov.au or via mail to the Department of the Prime
Minister and Cabinet, One National Circuit, Barton, 2600, ACT.

The White Paper team will accept written submissions from 14 September to
14 November, after which formal submissions will close.

The final White Paper will be released in the first half of 2012.
--

Cheers,
Stephen