[Filmfestivalresearch] Watson Fellowship on Politics of Film Festivals

Courtney Sheehan courtney.sheehan88 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 20:33:06 CEST 2011

Dear Festival Researchers,

I am a recent recipient of the Watson
Fellowship<http://www.watsonfellowship.org/site/what/what.html>,
a one year grant for international travel and research. I intend to attend
and study film festivals in Croatia, Bosnia, the Netherlands, India, and
Russia.

Currently, I am seeking to develop contacts in these countries, especially
with festival staff, but I am eager to establish contacts with anyone in the
various film communities. If any of you are either based in one of these
countries or know of someone who might be interested in speaking with me
about my project, I would be grateful to hear from you.

I am including my itinerary/contact list below. If you would like to know
more about the Watson Fellowship or my project, I would be happy to
correspond further.

Finally, I am not necessarily restricted to the countries listed above and
would welcome suggestions for additional countries/festivals/contacts.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Courtney Sheehan

CROATIA & BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINIA (July – August)
Main Contacts: Toni Meštrović and Nadija Mustapić, Filmmakers and Media
Activists
Owen Kohl, former Watson fellow currently based in Zagreb

Croatian Film Association, Zagreb: Early July
 Awaiting reply: Vera Robić-Škarica

Pula Film Festival: Mid-July
zlatko.vidackovic at gmail.com<https://mail.grinnell.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=94d2afe9b6584fc786dd0240b8e95dd3&URL=mailto%3azlatko.vidackovic%40gmail.com>
(Artistic
Director) Asked for CV

Motovun Film Festival: late July
[matko at motovunfilmfestival.com]<https://mail.grinnell.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=94d2afe9b6584fc786dd0240b8e95dd3&URL=https%3a%2f%2fmail.grinnell.edu%2fowa%2f%3fae%3dItem%26t%3dIPM.Note%26a%3dNew%26to%3dmatko%2540motovunfilmfestival.com%26nm%3dMatko%2b-%2bMotovun%2bfilm%2bfestival>
; silvana at motovunfilmfestival.com<https://mail.grinnell.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=94d2afe9b6584fc786dd0240b8e95dd3&URL=https%3a%2f%2fmail.grinnell.edu%2fowa%2f%3fae%3dItem%26t%3dIPM.Note%26a%3dNew%26to%3dsilvana%2540motovunfilmfestival.com%26nm%3dsilvana%2540motovunfilmfestival.com>
;office at motovunfilmfestival.com<https://mail.grinnell.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=94d2afe9b6584fc786dd0240b8e95dd3&URL=mailto%3aoffice%40motovunfilmfestival.com>

-offered volunteer position

Sarajevo Film festival: late July
 Awaiting reply: Ivana Pekusic, Sarajevo City of Film

National Film Archive Bosnia-Herzegovina: August

THE NETHERLANDS (early September – early December)

Main contact: Marijke de Valck (marijke at filmfestivalresearch.org)
 Co-Founder, FilmFestivalResearch.org, Professor in Media at the University
of Amsterdam

Film By the Sea, Vlissingen: Second week of September
 Established Contact: Cindy Willemsen, Programmer

KLIK!  Amsterdam Animation Festival: mid-September
Yvonne van Ulden (yvonne at klikamsterdam.nl)
  Creative Director, KLIK! Amsterdam Animation Festival
  Offered volunteer position at festival as well as opportunity to interview
staff

Netherlands Film Fest: Late Sept/early Oct
 Established Contact: Marco Meijdam, Producer, Holland Film Meeting

Cinekid, 32 locations: Late October

Leids Film Festival, Leiden: Late October
 Awaiting reply: Ivo Wever

Holland Animation Film Festival, Utrecht: Early November
 Awaiting reply: Marieke van Bueren

EYE Film Institute, Amsterdam: Building to be constructed by late 2011
 Established Contact: Linda Wiegers, Personnel Department

INDIA (early December – March)

Humanity Explored, Pune: December

International Film Festival of Kerala: mid-December

Sadho Poetry Film Festival, New Delhi: late December

Pune International Film Festival: early January

Hyderabad Film Festival: January

16:9 Student Film Festival, Mumbai: two days in mid-January

International Short Film Festival of India, Chennai: late January

Silver Salt Animation Festival, Pune: early February
 Established Contact: Jidnyesh Mhatre, Festival Founder and Director

ViBGYOR Film Festival, Thrissur: mid-February
 Established Contacts: Benedict varghese Chiramel, Secretary of the ViBGYOR
Film
 Collective and Director of Chetana Media Institute
 Sarath Cheloor, Programme Coordinator

Alpavirama South Asian Short Film Festival, Ahmedabad: 3rd week of February
 Established Contact: Arun Gupta, Festival Director

We Care Film Festival, Dhenkanal: Late February
 Established Contact: Satish Kapoor, Festival Director

Bring Your Own Film Festival, Puri: Late February
 Established Contact: Gurpal Singh, Festival Organizer

National Film Archive of India, Pune: March

RUSSIA (April – early July)

Main Contact: Galina Aksenova, Filmmaker and Film Professor at Moscow Art
Theater School

Gosfilmofund Russian Film Archive: May

Russian Film Commission: early June
 Contact to be developed: Anna Plusheva, Coordinator

Moscow International Film Festival: June

St Petersburg International Film Festival: mid-June

Kinoalliance, Russian exhibitors association: late June
 Contact to be developed: Dmitri Kazuto