[Filmfestivalresearch] Help Required with Masters Thesis

Fatima Asmal fatima.asmal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:53:46 CEST 2011

Hi Everyone,

My name is Fatima Asmal, and I'm presently reading towards a Masters via the
Centre for Communication, Media and Society at the University of KwaZulu
Natal, Durban, South Africa.

My thesis is meant to focus on the Durban International Film Festival
(DIFF), more specifically mapping its role within Durban as a cinema city.

I require the following assistance:

1)  I am somewhat lost as to what theoretical framework to adopt via which
to study DIFF - and any advice any of you can give me will be most welcome.
2)  I cannot afford to purchase the readings which are listed on the website
- any ideas as to how I can acquire them in electronic format?

Many thanks
Fatima Asmal
+27 83 271 4500