[Filmfestivalresearch] FFRN at NECS London 2011

Dina Iordanova dina.iordanova at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun May 15 20:33:58 CEST 2011

Dear friends,

I am really happy to see the growing number of panels related to the study
of festivals in the context of NECS. I will not be attending the NECS
conference but will be coming down to London on the last day to attend the
AGM of our new organisation as I am part of the initiative for its
establishment.

BAFTSS (British Association for Film, Television and Screen Studies) first
AGM will take place on Sunday, 26th at 2:30 pm at Birkbeck. More
information on the meeting is available at www.baftss.org, where you can
also see information on the aims of the organisation and guidance on how
to subscribe to the mailing list. Everybody is welcome to attend the AGM
but I would particularly welcome those based in Britain. We are hoping
that BAFTSS will be able to work together with FERN on a variety of
projects of mutual interest.

Looking forward to seeing you in June. Best: Dina

Prof. Dina Iordanova
Provost, St. Leonard's College
Director, Centre for Film Studies
University of St. Andrews

To order my new book Film Festivals and East Asia
and my other books, please visit http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/filmbooks/