[Filmfestivalresearch] Film Festival Research

Gregory Dolgopolov gregd at unsw.edu.au
Fri Feb 10 13:34:56 CET 2012

Hello

I am new here and very impressed to see such a wonderfully vibrant research community. I curate the Russian Resurrection Film Fstival in Australia and I am also doing some research on national film festivals in Sydney. We have some 50 annual ethnic community national film festivals. Some like the French Film Festival have been going for 18 years, others like the Persian Flm Festival are starting in a fortnight. I was wondering if anyone is aware of any research on national film festivals in a multicultural urban centre and the relationship of the mainstream to the ethnic communities and the construction of a national film culture in the context of multinationalism?

Thanks

Greg

Dr Greg Dolgopolov
Lecturer in Film
School of English, Media and Performing Arts
University of New South Wales
Sydney, NSW 2052
Australia

Telephone:      (02) 9385 4866
Facsimile:      (02) 9662 2335/ 9385 6812
Room 207        Robert Webster Building

CRICOS provider no. 00098G