[Filmfestivalresearch] who is teaching film festivals?

Skadi Loist skadi at filmfestivalresearch.org
Fri Oct 26 17:17:05 CEST 2012

Dear colleagues:

For project proposal I am working on I need your help: I would love to take
a little survey about who is teaching film festival studies.  In order to
get publishers interested in our work it is very helpful to document
activities in the field.

Please do get in contact (on/off list as you wish) if you teach a course or
a unit within a course on film festivals.  Please provide the following
basic details:

.         Your name (and contact)

.         Affiliation

.         the department and/or program offering the class

.         and the course title

A first discussion in this direction already took place at this year's SCMS
conference in Boston during the "Film Festival Pedagogy" workshop.  There I
did also mention the resource site that is part of the FFRN website, where a
few syllabi are already listed:
http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/index.php/additional-resources/syllabi-o
n-classes-teaching-film-festival-studies/

If you would like to share your syllabus with other researchers and
educators in the field, please let me know and I can upload or link to your
syllabus.  This way, the exchange re. film festival pedagogy can continue
and publishers and departments can become aware of the growing field.

I am looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes,

Skadi

--

Skadi Loist