[Filmfestivalresearch] NECS 2014 cfp, pre-constituted panel "Festival Origins"?

Jeffrey K. Ruoff Jeffrey.K.Ruoff at dartmouth.edu
Wed Dec 4 21:14:51 CET 2013

Hi everybody,

I'd be interested in proposing a pre-constituted panel on "Festival Origins," including my own contribution "A Festival is Born: Telluride 1974."

In my own paper, I don't intend origins as some kind of miraculous birth, since Telluride grew organically out of the archival, exhibition, and programming practices of its three co-founders, practices that dated back to the 1950s (in the case of James Card) and 1960s (in the cases of Bill Pence and Tom Luddy).

Best wishes,

Jeffrey Ruoff

Film and Media Studies
204 Black Family Visual Arts Center