[Filmfestivalresearch] Film Festival Research - Call for research participation

Sumanta Barua sumanta.barua at icloud.com
Sat Jan 5 13:29:58 CET 2013

Dear friends and colleagues

I am PhD candidate at King’s College London researching on Film Festivals and Filmmakers. This is my final stage of data collection and I am interviewing producers and directors. This research is expected to not only contribute to the organisation of more viable and efficient film festivals but also to the encouragement of better financial opportunities for the filmmakers, small production houses and other stakeholders in the film industry. I have attached a brief information sheet about my research with this email.

If you are a producer or director of any types of film I will really appreciate your participation in my research. Filmmakers at all stages in their career and from any country are welcome to participate.  The interview should not take long and can be done on Skype.

I will also be thankful if you are able to forward this email to any organisation or filmmakers who might be interested to participate in my research. Finally, I welcome any collaboration from any organisation in return for access to this research. I expect to submit my thesis by the end of this year, which means the findings should be available by early next year. This research is particularly relevant for those organisations (public, private and not-for-profit) that funds and/or organises film festivals, or has interest in the wider development of the film industry.

Kind regards

Sumanta Barua

sumanta.barua at kcl.ac.uk

+44 7590650626