[Filmfestivalresearch] BUILDING A FILM FESTIVAL

Michael Guillen michael.guillen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 08:16:26 CET 2013

Dear Friends and colleagues, I am trying to help the Idaho Film Office
develop their annual Sun Valley Film Festival in Sun Valley, Idaho (
http://www.sunvalleyfilmfestival.org/) and am approaching it as a case
study of how one builds a festival.  In their second year, they are
struggling to achieve national exposure past state limits.  Can anyone
direct me to any information regarding what the specific hurdles might be
in the beginning?  How one builds community interest and an audience?  Or
what the research plan might be to watch for specific developments?

Michael Guillen