[Filmfestivalresearch] 2nd Alternative Film/Video Research Forum (Belgrade, December 2013)

Greg DeCuir gdecuir at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 23:33:53 CEST 2013

 ALTERNATIVE
FILM/VIDEO BELGRADE
10-14 December
2013

2nd Research
Forum (Call for papers)

After the success of the 1st Alternative
Film/Video Research Forum in 2012, which featured such notable participants as
Dirk de Bruyn, Ivan Ladislav Galeta, and others, we are now organizing the
second edition of the forum at Alternative Film/Video Belgrade 2013. This one-day
event (12 December) running concurrently with the festival will gather a group
of researchers and writers who are concerned with alternative works of film,
video, and new media for an intimate forum where papers will be delivered and
discussions held.

The theme for the 2nd Alternative Film/Video Research
Forum is fragmentation. How has an
aesthetic of fragmentation marked the alternative moving image throughout
history? How does one engage with the fragmented and marginalized status of independent
and non-commercial moving image culture? What are the alternative notions of
fragmentation that are relevant to thinking and understanding the avant-garde moving
image? Currently we are accepting abstracts of 300 words on the theme of fragmentation along with short biographies
of 150 words for consideration. We are particularly interested in those who
would like to contribute to an edited collection on this subject, which we are
currently developing with past forum participants. Accommodation will be
provided for selected research forum attendees. Please forward inquiries and submissions
to Greg de Cuir, Jr, Selector/Programmer for Alternative Film/Video Belgrade, no
later than 15 August 2013 at gdecuir at yahoo.com.

Alternative
Film/Video Belgrade (Serbia) is the premier international festival in the
Balkans for new film and video tendencies and one of the oldest festivals of
its kind in Europe. It was founded in 1982 as an antidote to commercial film
and video-making and to support radical practices in celebrating the moving
image. Alternative Film/Video Belgrade is organized by and hosted at Academic
Film Center, which was established in 1958 as a ciné-club and where many legendary
filmmakers worked, including Živojin Pavlović, Tomislav Gotovac, Kokan
Rakonjac, and others. Visit the website at www.alternativefilmvideo.org/.