[Filmfestivalresearch] You're invited for the Screening the Future 2013 Conference, 7-8 May, London
office at prestocentre.org
Wed Mar 20 17:04:00 CET 2013
***Apologies for cross-posting***
*Screening the Future 2013: Crossing Boundaries for AV Preservation*
May 7-8, London, Tate Modern
Screening the Future is an annual showcase delivered by PrestoCentre and
focusing on the latest technological trends in audiovisual preservation.
This international conference brings together leaders in the fields of
technology and research, and those with strategic responsibility
for digitisation and digital preservation in the creative and cultural
industries including broadcast, post-production, motion picture, sound and
music recording, visual and performing arts. The conference aims to
navigate participants through current case studies and latest thinking on
standards and planning for the digital preservation of AV assets.
Detailed programme will be available soon. For more information about the
conference and registration please visit: *
*Key Topics include:*
- Sector-based responses to the changing technological nature of media
assets in our collections and archives
- Sector-based trends in preservation technology
- Institutional responses to how collection and preservation mandates are
realized and stretched by the digital
- Media preservation as sound investment; new methodologies for valuing our
- The psychology of preservation; our motivations and dynamics in practice
- Maintaining a vision in a culture of operational alliances and
- Acknowledging and advocating for difference; understanding the impact of
sector-based and institutional distinction on preservation strategies and
*Featured Speakers include:*
-Matthew Addis - Arkivum Ltd.
-Sam Gustman - USC Digital Repository and Shoah Foundation
-Rob Hummel - Group 47, LLC.
-Michael Moon - GISTICS Inc.
-Kara van Malssen - AudioVisual Preservation Solutions
-Mark Schubin - SMPTE Fellow
-John Zubrzycki (conference chair) – British Broadcasting Corporation
For more information about the conference and registration please visit: *
Hope to see you in London!
The PrestoCentre Team
PO Box 1060
1200 BB Hilversum
More information about the Filmfestivalresearch