[Filmfestivalresearch] RESIST to EXIST: Support Side by Side's New Campaign!

Side by Side LGBT Film Festival manny at bok-o-bok.ru
Thu Jun 26 11:20:33 CEST 2014

Support Needed: RESIST TO EXIST  campaign,

Side by Side LGBT Film Festival

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=3c29f0b863&e=e8b8704305
http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=b6461aed2f&e=e8b8704305
Friend on Facebook (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=2b49812d82&e=e8b8704305)
Follow on Twitter (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=7dfa9b90df&e=e8b8704305)
Forward to a Friend (http://us4.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=3c29f0b863&e=e8b8704305)
http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=d2ef347704&e=e8b8704305
Read more about our work here!

&

Interview with
Bruce LaBruce
http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=cd7a89e3e2&e=e8b8704305

In depth conversation with the talented Canadian director Bruce La Bruce in this months LGBT Cinema Opinion Column (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=7e95bcfa3e&e=e8b8704305)

Summer Sale Now On

http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=749bf22ddc&e=e8b8704305

Visit our online shop (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=4fd4aa490c&e=e8b8704305) now and
get 20% off all Side by Side souvenirs!

** RESIST TO EXIST:
STOP enforced INVISIBILITY of LGBT community in RUSSIA
Dear Friends and Supporters,

The last 24 months have witnessed an unprecedented onslaught against the LGBT movement in Russia. An orchestrated campaign headed by the government, religious leaders, state controlled and non-independent TV, radio, print and online media, regional and local politicians and various civil society actors including nationalists and parent groups, have actively coerced together in a rigorous attempt to curb the human rights and freedom of LGBT people in Russia.

Side by Side LGBT Film Festival has been working across Russia (Saint Petersburg, Moscow, Tomsk, Perm, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Kemerovo, Archangelsk) since 2007. In that period we have been one of the key actors in helping to bring around change and through our work play a pivotal role in breaking the silence on LGBT issues, stimulating dialogue and discussion within the public domain.

In spite of the deteriorating situation and the continued crackdown we aim to maximize and extend the range of accurate information on LGBT and LGBT rights within the public space, challenging stereotypes and obsolete notions currently being expounded by conservative elements within society. Through establishing alternative discourses on LGBT issues we seek to win over adherents to ideas of equality, respect and non-discriminatory practices and behaviour.

Side by Side LGBT Film Festival has recently launched a fundraising campaign RESIST TO EXIST (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=8c61b83cc6&e=e8b8704305)

http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=124f8a484b&e=e8b8704305
In order to continue with our invaluable work financial resources are needed to meet organisational, project and legal costs.

How you can Help:

If you can provide informational support to our campaign RESIST TO EXIST (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=45b14fefb0&e=e8b8704305) Side by Side would be grateful. You can help by doing either one, several or all below:

(1) Circulate information to your friends and colleagues through your social networks: facebook and twitter

(2) If you have a website place a banner and a link to our website

(3) Circulate information through your newsletter

OR

(4) Make a donation

http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=df64a10355&e=e8b8704305

If you have any questions concerning the campaign or need materials please write to Manny de Guerre. (mailto:manny at bok-o-bok.ru)

Thanks again for your generous donation and in advance for you continued support and solidarity,

Best wishes,

Manny de Guerre
http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=1b568cac72&e=e8b8704305

** (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=0339630076&e=e8b8704305)
** (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=ad1022d740&e=e8b8704305)
** (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=1f5ddbf208&e=e8b8704305)
** (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=c466c02a05&e=e8b8704305)
** (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=1865aead38&e=e8b8704305)
** (http://bok-o-bok.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=11eb4d257b&e=e8b8704305)

** forward to a friend (http://us4.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=dbede688c5271e8af4ffaca00&id=3c29f0b863&e=e8b8704305)

Copyright © 2014 Side by Side LGBT Film Festival, All rights reserved.
 If you would like to be removed from this list please write to manny@ bok-o-bok.ru
Our mailing address is:
Side by Side LGBT Film Festival
Office 625-3, 87 Ligovsky Prospect