[Filmfestivalresearch] Busan Int'l Film Festival :TBC

Melanie Le Forestier melanie.leforestier at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 14:29:13 CET 2015

My apologies for this second message! I couldn't answer on Jiseok Kim's FB
page, but I saw that you asked, below a picture of one of the filmmakers
with a sign, who he is. He's the Korean filmmaker Lee Sang-il (he's
Zaichini Korean actually).

And the sign basically says "Save the movies/the Cinema; Save the Culture;
Save the Busan International Film Festival! - Lee Sang-il".

I also read the two last Korean articles Kim Jiseok posted, the most recent
one is about the issue of comfort women, but the one below is a Korean
version of the articles I sent previously on the charges against BIFF.
Spectators and activists are also protesting, asking the city government to
drop the charges against the organizers.

Best regards,

Melanie