[Filmfestivalresearch] Industry panel at JAPAN CUTS: Festival of New Japanese Film

Anderson, Joel Neville joel.neville.anderson at rochester.edu
Wed Jun 8 01:22:58 CEST 2016

Dear Filmfestivalresearch subscribers,

The programming team is happy to share the full lineup for the tenth anniversary edition of JAPAN CUTS: Festival of New Japanese Film, running July 14-24, 2016 at Japan Society in New York City: www.japansociety.org/japancuts<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.japansociety.org_japancuts&d=CwMFAg&c=kbmfwr1Yojg42sGEpaQh5ofMHBeTl9EI2eaqQZhHbOU&r=l3JcZp1MBePCWIDmIrqG8UfhVFDaSez5k8sBowW5WBij7SJ458EK8fyDIjX8aUo5&m=Xr1AyYxKRhWpHyDS7IdJNB-JoO91SxnEYu79TFG3blA&s=gkS11QOSXU4IlXaW7Fe7HBYDZCzP800cbbrAKI6Jsgg&e=>

Please browse the entire dynamic lineup of features and shorts, including the Feature Slate, Documentary Focus, Classics, and Experimental Spotlight program sections, a Panel Discussion, Microcinema installation, and an unprecedented number of special guests.

Of particular note for Filmfestivalresearch subscribers working in Japanese and East Asian cinema, the festival presents a free Panel Discussion, “Japanese Film Culture In & Out of Japan,” featuring Pia Film Festival director Keiko Araki, award-winning filmmaker Kazuhiro Soda, and Harvard University professor and former Nippon Connection program director Alexander Zahlten.

Tickets are on sale to Japan Society members this week, and will open to the general public Monday, June 13. (Our Animation Film Workshop sold out in a matter of days, so we recommend booking early!) Receive special announcements by subscribing to our newsletter<http://www.japansociety.org/content.cfm/ecalendar>, or following via Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/japansocietyfilm> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/JS_FILM_NYC/>.

Sincerely,
Aiko, Kazu and Joel

AMasubuchi at japansociety.org<mailto:AMasubuchi at japansociety.org>
KWatanabe at japansociety.org<mailto:KWatanabe at japansociety.org>