[Filmfestivalresearch] Input request on working conditions at film festivals

Skadi Loist s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de
Fri Feb 9 13:34:20 CET 2018

Dear festival researchers and festival organizers,

I have a quick question for you.  In preparation for an event put on by the newly formed union group for festival workers in Germany (Festivalarbeit: https://festivalarbeit.wordpress.com/)  I am looking for input on the topic of festival labor and working conditions in other countries.  Do you know of any debates of labor issues, strikes, etc that you could point me to and share info about the specific arguments?  Also, do you know of any best-practice examples to look to?  Anything labor related, like contracts, payment, working hours, free labor, family-friendly work arrangements, benefits, etc is of interest.  Any hints are much appreciated.

Cheers

Skadi

~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ ~ ⛵ ~ ~

Dr. Skadi Loist

Visiting Professor Production Cultures in Audiovisual Media Industries

Film University Babelsberg Konrad Wolf

Marlene-Dietrich-Allee 11

14482 Potsdam

Germany

office: +49.331.6202.212 | mobile: +49.176.6204.0039

 <mailto:s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de> s.loist at filmuniversitaet.de |  <http://www.skadiloist.de/> www.skadiloist.de

Project Leader " <http://skadiloist.de/?page_id=15> Circulation" (BMBF 2017-2020)

 <http://www.necs.org/> necs.org | Steering Committee member European Network for Cinema and Media Studies (NECS)

 <http://www.filmfestivalresearch.org/> filmfestivalresearch.org | Co-founder Film Festival Research Network