[Filmfestivalresearch] CALL FOR FESTIVAL REVIEWS: Film festivals and COVID-19
Valck, M. de (Marijke)
m.devalck at uu.nl
Mon Apr 6 16:41:15 CEST 2020
Call for festival reviews: Film festivals and COVID-19
Film festivals around the world feel the impact of the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus. Events are cancelled, postponed or shift to online happenings. For the open access journal NECSUS we specifically solicit "festival reviews" that deal with film festivals in the context of COVID-19. What tactics and strategies are employed to face the current crisis in the festival world? Possible topics to consider include:
- discussion of festival decision-making: cancellation, postponement, going digital, etc....
- review of alternative (online) festival programming
- turning your eye to the digital competition: whose filling the current gap?
- review of (lack of) national support measures to protect organizations and professionals
- curating at a time of social distancing
Contributions are max 2,500 words. For other guidelines see https://necsus-ejms.org/review-submissions/.
Deadline for submission will be late August.
If you are interested in contributing, please contact the section editors Marijke de Valck (m.devalck at uu.nl) and Antoine Damiens (Antoine.damiens at mail.mcgill.ca) with a short proposal.
Necsus | Review Submissions<https://necsus-ejms.org/review-submissions/>
Festival Review Submissions. The NECSUS film festival review section publishes critical writing on film festivals. It offers a platform for writing that falls between the fast and prolific genre of individual festival reports and the slow and rigorous labor of film festival research.
More information about the Filmfestivalresearch