[Filmfestivalresearch] Fwd: Sessional instructor in Film Studies (remote delivery): The Film Festival

ger zielinski, ph.d. ger.zielinski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:45:44 CEST 2020

FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: C Tepperman <c.tepperman at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 8:19 PM
Subject: Sessional instructor in Film Studies (remote delivery): The Film
Festival
To: 'Scott Henderson' via FSAC Listserv <fsac at filmstudies.ca>

Dear colleagues,

Since we’re offering this course, “The Film Festival,” online this fall, I
wanted to invite applicants from a little further afield.

Details below, apply via:
https://internal.careers.ucalgary.ca/jobs/5407323-sessional-instructors-fall-2020-department-of-communication-media-and-film

All the best,
Charles

Charles Tepperman, PhD
Associate Professor & Department Head
Department of Communication, Media and Film | University of Calgary
Director, Amateur Movie Database project: http://www.amateurcinema.org

*The University of Calgary is located on traditional territories of the
people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the
Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First
Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the
Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations).  The City of Calgary is also
home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.  The traditional Blackfoot
name of the place we now call Calgary is “Moh’kins’tsis” .*

The *Department of COMMUNICATION, MEDIA AND FILM* invites applications for
sessional instructors to teach the following course in Fall 2020.

FALL 2020 Session will be delivered via remote instruction (using zoom or
another online platform). This course is scheduled to be delivered
synchronously. The synchronous elements must be on the days and times the
course is scheduled.

Fall 2020 classes run from SEPTEMBER 08 to DECEMBER 09 (DECEMBER 12-23 Fall
session final exams) the term ends on DECEMBER 24.

Normally, preference will be given to candidates with a PhD in a relevant
discipline and demonstrated expertise in the subject area. Additionally,
preference will be given to applicants with experience in teaching in
online or remote formats.

*FILM STUDIES (FILM)*

*Film Studies 441*: The Film Festival
Fall 2020: Lec. 01, Friday, 9:00-10:50; Lab. 01, Wednesday, 9:00-11:45

Please submit your application online, and please include the following:

   - Cover letter
   - Current CV
   - Three academic reference letters (if not already on file)
   - Course names and descriptions of courses you have taught
   - Teaching evaluations from a course you have taught or for which you
   have been a TA

**Doctoral students who have passed their candidacy exams 30 days before
the course begins are eligible to apply. Please indicate in your letter of
application the anticipated dates for completion of the candidacy exams.

For course descriptions, please refer to the University Calendar.

Please note that these courses are tentative, pending sufficient
enrollments.

For salary information, please refer to TUCFA's Collective Agreement,
Schedule B. As per the Collective Agreement, the Department of
Communication, Media and Film adheres to the right of first refusal terms
(Section 23.12.1 and 23.12.2) for Sessional Appointments.

The application deadline is *July 30, 2020*.

*The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits
and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire
campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that
have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive
to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will
support their academic and professional success while they are here. All
qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. In this connection, at the time
of your application, please answer the following question: Are you a
Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? (Yes/No)*

*Additional Information*

To learn more about academic opportunities at the University of Calgary and
all we have to offer, view our *Academic Careers website
<http://careers.ucalgary.ca/pages/academic-careers>*. For more information
about the Faculty of Arts visit *Careers in the Faculty of Arts*
<http://arts.careers.ucalgary.ca/>.

*About the University of Calgary*

The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university –
a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and
opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most
enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes
High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research
universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully
integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of
Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across
all disciplines. For more information, visit *ucalgary.ca
<http://www.ucalgary.ca/>*.

*About Calgary, Alberta*

Calgary is one of the world's cleanest cities and has been named one of the
world's most livable cities for years. Calgary is a city of leaders - in
business, community, philanthropy and volunteerism. Calgarians benefit from
a growing number of world-class dining and cultural events and enjoy more
days of sunshine per year than any other major Canadian city. Calgary is
less than an hour's drive from the majestic Rocky Mountains and boasts the
most extensive urban pathway and bikeway network in North America.