[re-search] New post: The politics of autocomplete

René König kontakt at renekoenig.eu
Thu Sep 20 15:53:53 CEST 2012

In September 2010 Google introduced autocomplete (also Google Suggest)
to its search engine. Based on previous queries, it tries to predict
what we want to search for while we are still typing. How does this
impact search engine usage and what to do the suggested queries tell us
about our societies? Already now it is clear that the suggestions are
often problematic. They may violate personal rights and can be
politically-loaded and controversial.

http://networkcultures.org/wpmu/re-search/2012/09/20/the-politics-of-autocomplete/

Best,

René

P.S.: If you are interested in contributing to our blog, let me know!