<unlike-us> links

José María Mateos chema at rinzewind.org
Mon Feb 26 00:28:46 CET 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 04:33:27PM +0100, Geert Lovink wrote:
> Review of some of the recent books on the topic
> https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n16/john-lanchester/you-are-the-product <https://www.lrb.co.uk/v39/n16/john-lanchester/you-are-the-product>

About this link:

I haven't read "Move Fast and Break Things", though it's on my list, and
"Chaos Monkeys" is a very good read if one can ignore the tone of the
writer, which sometimes is a bit over the top, but I here I want to do a
small comment on the other title, "The Attention Merchants". This is
where I first became exposed on the idea of "attention as a resource
exploited by third parties". This brought me to the "right to attention"
[1] and another treatment of the same topic with a different angle, "The
World beyond your head" [2].

I'd be grateful if someone could provide more readings related to this
topic.

Thanks a million,

JMM.

[1] https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/ilj/vol91/iss3/9/