<unlike-us> Fifth Workshop on Computing within LIMITS

David Stodolsky dss at secureid.net
Fri Nov 2 21:30:27 CET 2018

Looks like yet another attempt to bring elitism in via the back door. See appended.

This is the space age. If Planetary Resources gets just one big asteroid, the wealth represented by the extracted silver, gold, platinum, etc. will surpass the wealth created throughout human history.

https://www.planetaryresources.com

dss

> On 2 Nov 2018, at 20:24, Doug Schuler <douglas at publicsphereproject.org> wrote:
>

> Call for Papers
> --------------------
> LIMITS 2019
> Fifth Workshop on Computing within LIMITS
> June 10-11, 2018
> Lappeenranta, Finland
> http://computingwithinlimits.org/2019/
>
> The ACM LIMITS workshop aims to foster discussion on the impact of present and future ecological, material, energetic, and societal limits on computing. These topics are seldom discussed in contemporary computing research. A key aim of the workshop is to promote innovative, concrete research, potentially of an interdisciplinary nature, that focuses on technologies, critiques, techniques, and contexts for computing within fundamental economic and ecological limits. A longer-term goal is to build a community around relevant topics and research. We hope to impact society through the design and development of computing systems in the abundant present for use in a future of limits. A recent article in the Communications of the ACM provides a good primer on Computing within Limits. This year we are co-locating with ICT4S in Europe.
>
> Abstract submission deadline: Feb 1, 2019
> Paper submission deadline: Feb 8, 2019
> Paper reviews available: March 14, 2019
> Camera-ready paper deadline: March 28, 2019
>

> Jay Chen, NYU Abu Dhabi, jchen at cs.nyu.edu, Workshop Co-Chair
> Oliver Bates, Lancaster University, o.bates at lancaster.ac.uk, Workshop Co-Chair
>
> For more information, please visit: http://computingwithinlimits.org/2019/
>
> --
> Douglas Schuler
> douglas at publicsphereproject.org
> Twitter: @doug_schuler

David Stodolsky, PhD                   Institute for Social Informatics
Tornskadestien 2, st. th., DK-2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
dss at socialinformatics.org          Tel./Viber: +45 3095 4070

Begin forwarded message: