<unlike-us> links

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 11 10:25:26 CEST 2019

Jenny Odell, The Only Way to Resist the Attention Economy-Quitting Facebook isn’t the answer
https://forge.medium.com/the-only-way-to-resist-the-attention-economy-28cafd0d2699 <https://forge.medium.com/the-only-way-to-resist-the-attention-economy-28cafd0d2699>

Larry Singer’s Declaration of Digital Independence
https://www.change.org/p/social-media-executives-decentralize-social-media-a-declaration-of-digital-independence <https://www.change.org/p/social-media-executives-decentralize-social-media-a-declaration-of-digital-independence>

Framasoft: change the world one byte at a time
https://framasoft.org/en/ <https://framasoft.org/en/>

How to run a small social network site for your friends
https://runyourown.social/ <https://runyourown.social/>

"Download a privacy app such as Jumbo <https://www.jumboprivacy.com/> and use it to lock down your Facebook, sanitise your Google and erase your Twitter. Switch from WhatsApp to Signal, and from Instagram to Snapchat, and everywhere enable the ability to erase your messages after they’ve been read. Turn off “Hey, Siri” and “OK, Google”, and remove Alexa from your house. Fight for frankness.” https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/11/can-we-talk-in-confidence-the-death-of-candour-in-the-age-of-surveillance <https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/11/can-we-talk-in-confidence-the-death-of-candour-in-the-age-of-surveillance>