<unlike-us> Fwd: AI & Society and CRASSH Conference Call for Papers- Cambridge

gertml gertml at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 12 12:38:37 CET 2019

Hi Doug,

This gets interesting.

Collective intelligence is already in a precarious state (because it can
hardly be profited from and so receives no funding)[1], but add AI (and
its endless prospect for profit) to it and it will most certainly fail
miserably (on the "intelligence" part). You trade 99.9% accuracy for 80%
accuracy (and a lot of profit). What a spectacular missed opportunity
for problem solving.

AI is the blackbox that can break every tool chain.  The perfect add-on
cloak for those operating in obscurity.

[1]
Why You Should Never, Ever Use Quora
https://waxy.org/2018/12/why-you-should-never-ever-use-quora/