<videovortex> Upload Cinema (Amsterdam)

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 11 14:40:47 CET 2008

http://www.uploadcinema.nl/about.php

ABOUT UPLOAD CINEMA

Upload Cinema is a film club that takes the best web films to the big
screen. Every fist Monday of the month at 9.30 PM a fresh program of
Internet shorts is screened at movie theater De Uitkijk in Amsterdam.

Upload Cinema is a cozy get-together for people who enjoy watching,
sharing and making web films. Our aim is simple: to offer each month
an inspiring and entertaining one-hour program of Internet shorts.

We don’t have a fixed formula. It seems fun to start with a monthly
theme to which everyone can contribute. But we might also invite a
guest curator to compile his/her own film program. Or have a ‘no
concept’ mix of crazy stuff that we’ve seen online.

Upload Cinema is for members only. The movie theater is small and we
appreciate a friendly and committed crowd. You can become a member by
invitation only, or by entering a film that has been accepted in the
program.
WHY?

The web is changing film. Not only the way film content is being
distributed, but also the way film is being produced and watched. The
whole interactive process of making, mixing, choosing, uploading,
commenting, recommending and reacting is what is truly revolutionizing
the industry.

Film is becoming more and more a collaborative, social activity. But
unfortunately this activity is taking place behind the computer at
home or at work. Which is, lets face it, not the best possible place
to enjoy movies.

Upload Cinema wants take this exciting new way of making and sharing
film out of the domestic realm, away from the internet and the tiny
computer screen and into a space that’s designed for a collective
experience: the cinema.

WHO?
Upload Cinema is initiated by Dagan Cohen and Barbara de Wijn and
presented by movie theater De Uitkijk - the oldest art house cinema in
the Netherlands. Advertising agency Draftfcb is our proud sponsor.

START YOUR OWN UPLOAD CINEMA
Shouldn’t every creative city in the world have an Upload Cinema? If
you are triggered by this idea and have an old and cozy cinema in your
town, don’t hesitate to drop us a line. We’ll be happy to provide you
with everything you need to get started.

info at uploadcinema.nl