<videovortex> Queen Rania spoofs Letterman's Top 10 while accepting award at YouTube Live

Geert Lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 24 21:29:57 CET 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z-aQAEA7U8&feature=channel

Queen Rania spoofs Letterman's Top 10 while accepting award at YouTube
Live »
By Joi Ito
Nov 23, 2008 - 23:40 UTC

As most people already know, Queen Ranai of Jordan won the YouTube
Visionary Award for her channel on YouTube. Here's her awesome
acceptance speech a la Letterman style. It's really funny.

I love how many members of the royal family of Jordan have such a
great sense of humor. I remember a talk by Prince Abdullah at a
conference I once attended and he opened with the line, "We find
ourselves between Iraq and a hard place." ;-)

Jordan is quickly becoming one of my favorite countries and I can't
wait to go back. My visit with Princess Rym when I was there was
really inspiring and her work in promoting journalism and film are
important and inspiring. I think the openness and the skill with which
the leaders communicate with the rest of the world goes a long way in
dispelling some of the unreasonable stereotypes that the West has
about the Arab world.

Congratulations Queen Rania and Jordan!