<videovortex> Serving up videos globally brings tough choices

Jay dedman jay.dedman at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:14:08 CEST 2009

Following up on the thread about Youtube losing money, this article paints a
broader picture of all social networks trying to have a global community.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/27/technology/start-ups/27global.html

Web entrepreneurs like Mr. Shapiro of Veoh, still struggling with his
> decision to restrict his site from much of the world, might have to find a
> way to soothe their battered consciences.
>
> “The part of me that wants to change the world says, ‘This is unfair, it
> shouldn’t be like this,’ ” Mr. Shapiro said. “On the other hand, from the
> business side of things, serving videos to the entire world is just not
> supportable at this time.”

This is a huge argument for decentralization.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com