<videovortex> Dr. Strangelove on the Future of Amateur Online Video: Preamble to Video Vortex #6 (Part THREE)

Dr. Strangelove Michael at Strangelove.com
Sun Feb 20 06:22:18 CET 2011

Greetings,

I'll be making a few opening remarks on the future on YouTube and online
video at the forthcoming Video Vortex #6.

This video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2dblaFzmao> is the THIRD in
a series of video preambles to my opening remarks in Amsterdam this March.

In a somewhat sleepy manner I suggest that amateur online videography
will not be dominated and controlled by corporate, commercial forces.
Commercial media must now contend with the amateur production of shared
mass culture.

Perhaps this century will not see a simple replication of the corporate
and state domination of moving images as seen in the train wreck that
was the 20th century.

Dr. Strangelove

PS: My doctor has assured me that I am not turning into a zombie, and I
am getting much better every day as I recover from this cold!