<videovortex> pirate cinema this sunday: consequences will never be the same

Dr. Strangelove Michael at Strangelove.com
Sun Oct 30 20:41:04 CET 2016

Greetings,

Am I the only one who finds this (below) to be a ridiculously overstated
assertion? Have we not move past the dismissal of popular pleasures that
infected early marxist, liberal, and conservative intellectual a century
ago? The statement by pirate cinema berlin that "most of what YouTubers
do is just a waste of time: the 'content' they produce is meaningless,
useless and entirely harmless, and no-one is watching it anyway" could
equally apply to the avant-guarde, art cinema, and, I suspect, to pirate
cinema berlin.

It is time to move past such simplistic dismissals of popular pleasures.

Regards,

Dr. Strangelove

strangelove.com