<editorial board> edu-factory journal call

info at edu-factory.org info at edu-factory.org
Thu Feb 12 12:00:09 CET 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for the important and useful comments and suggestions
you sent on the proposal for the edu-factory journal call.
If no amendments arrive in the next few days, the proposal
will be circulated on the edu-factory list, which we plan to
reopen at the end of February.

At this stage of the project, the edu-factory list will have
a new function, working not only as space for discussion of
transformations and conflicts in the university and the
production of knowledge but also as a space in which discuss
to the topics and the contents of the journal. In particular
it would be interesting to debate the abstracts submitted
for proposed articles, with a view to strengthening the
final publication.

About peer review, the edu-factory collective has now
expressed general agreement with the idea that the journal
should be able to attract recognition in the peer review
system. But it has also stressed the need to open up a
battlefield in which to challenge and if possible to
critically transform the peer review system itself. How this
double strategy might unfold is at stake right now. So to
open a discussion within the journal editorial board on this
topic is something not just desirable but also necessary.

Finally, the zero issue of the journal is under
construction. As we have previously discussed, it will
critically interrogate the proposition that the present is a
time of crisis, focusing on both the economic crisis and the
crisis of the university. Editorial board members are more
than welcome to contribute, but we also welcome suggestions
for others we might approach who might express themselves on
this topic. Please send your proposals and suggestions.

Best

edu-factory collective