<editorial board> University Struggles in Ireland

Gigi Roggero conricerca at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 5 22:33:23 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I agree with the proposal of Enda: an article from Ireland and an experience such as Free Education for Everyone is good, of course focused on the question of the double crisis, that is, the topic of the issue.

I think also that it's very important to understand what it's really happening in Asia univeristies related to the global crisis. Today we've published on the edu-factory website the article "Asia Rising: Countries Funnel Billions Into Universities," from "The Chronicle of Higher Education." Maybe there is no time to have a specific piece, because the zero issue will be out on the end of October, or the beginning of November. But we have to consider this central question in our introdcution. At this regard, we have to collect ideas in order to write a common article of presentation both of the whole project of the web-journal, and the zero issue. What do you think about? Can we start to collect and circulate some ideas about the introduction?

Best,

Gigi