<editorial board> first issue

info at edu-factory.org info at edu-factory.org
Thu May 6 04:28:30 CEST 2010

Dear all,

Following the postings on this list there has been some discussion in the edufactory collective about the call for the first journal issue. As a result we have redrafted the call to include a section devoted to the 'system of measure'. As you will see there is still a section about new universities and the global transition of higher education. We would now like to invite discusssion of the new call.

In order to realise this first issue of the journal it is very important that members of the editorial board assist in the production process. This doesn't necessarily mean involvement in proof reading, editing or other tasks that require a high level of proficiency in the English language. First of all we need assistance to locate authors who can write to the issues identified in the call. Perhaps some of you are able to make contributions or perhaps you can suggest others who might be available. Geert has made the suggestion of a collectively written text on the issue of peer review and alternatives to it. We think this is a great idea and that this list could be used to develop such a text. Perhaps Geert or Gerald (who also had some comments about measure) are able to make some first steps here. Interviews and dialogues are fine ... the text would have to take its form.

In any case, please share your ideas about the suggested journal issue and help us to locate potential authors, particularly for texts about new universities in countries like India, China, Brazil, Egypt and Russia.

Many thanks,

edu-factory collective