<editorial board> first issue

Nirmal Puwar n.puwar at gold.ac.uk
Thu May 6 17:53:35 CEST 2010

other things published on university transitions

Now available at
http://www.wwwords.co.uk/pfie/content/pdfs/8/issue8_2.asp
<http://www.wwwords.co.uk/pfie/content/pdfs/8/issue8_2.asp>

POLICY FUTURES IN EDUCATION
Volume 8 Number 2 2010  ISSN 1478-2103

SPECIAL ISSUE
THE UNIVERSITY IN TRANSITION
Guest Editor: GARETT GIETZEN

Garett Gietzen. Introduction. Challenges and Possibilities for Today's
University

Michael A. Peters. Re-imagining the University in the Global Era

Garett Gietzen. Jean-François Lyotard and the Question of Disciplinary
Legitimacy

Stephanie Mackler. From the Positivist to the Hermeneutic University:
restoring the
place of meaning and liberal learning in higher education

Casey E. George-Jackson. The Cosmopolitan University: the medium toward
global
citizenship and justice

Rodrigo Britez & Michael A. Peters. Internationalization and the
Cosmopolitical
University

Daniel Araya. Cultural Democracy: universities in the creative economy

BOOK EXCERPT
Henry A. Giroux. Challenging the Military-Industrial-Academic Complex
after 9/11.
Introduction to University in Chains: confronting the
military-industrial-academic
complex (Paradigm Publishers, 2007)

REVIEW ESSAY
Eugenie A. Samier. The Evolution of the Modern University: from
scholarship to
disenchanted economic handmaiden

OBAMA'S AMERICA
Michael A. Peters. Economics Trumps Politics; Market Trumps Democracy: the US
Supreme Court's decision on campaign financing

BOOK REVIEWS
Higher Learning, Greater Good: the private and social benefits of higher
education
(Walter W. McMahon), reviewed by Jennifer A. Delaney & Patricia Yu
Multiversities, Ideas, and Democracy (George Fallis), reviewed by David J.
Ondercin