<CPOV> Beyond the Legacy of the Enlightenment?

Jon Awbrey jawbrey at att.net
Wed Mar 17 14:40:06 CET 2010

Andrew & All,

Looking back, the sources that I found most helpful
in understanding what goes on in Wikipedia are these:

John Dewey, ''The Quest for Certainty''

Argyris and Schön’s ideas about espoused values vs. actual values --
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/argyris.htm
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/et-schon.htm
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/gcm/ar/arp/argyris.html
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/gcm/ar/arp/argyris2.html

Max Weber, ''The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism''
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~HYPER/WEBER/cover.html

William S. Burroughs, ''Naked Lunch''

Sorrentino, Richard M., and Roney, Christopher J.R. (2000),
''The Uncertain Mind : Individual Differences in Facing the Unknown'',
(Essays in Social Psychology, Miles Hewstone (ed.)), Taylor and Francis,
Philadelphia, PA.

More details and other sources are listed here:

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=15478&view=findpost&p=168787

As usual, the "review of the literature" exhausted my energies for the time being,
so I will have to write out the rest of what I opened this page to write later on.

Jon Awbrey

--

inquiry list: http://stderr.org/pipermail/inquiry/
mwb: http://www.mywikibiz.com/Directory:Jon_Awbrey