<CPOV> fork interview

nathaniel tkacz nathanieltkacz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 01:25:47 CET 2011

thanks for the kind words joseph! you might remember me snooping around some
of the wikipedia lists a few weeks back trying to contact edgar. once i did,
i realised he had a wealth of material to share and i decided on the
interview.

edgar told me that he has been approached several times a year since 2002,
but has never shared his story because the people contacting him were either
mainstream journalists or people from wikimedia and he wasn't convinced they
would let him tell his version of the story.

the arguing between sanger and wales about the history of ads is fast
becoming ridiculous! the thing is, nobody would care if wales just said
"sure, in the early days i was considering some version of ads. i thought it
was a good way to ensure the project could grow and sustain itself. turns
out it wasn't needed and that's great!"

best

Nate Tkacz

School of Culture and Communication